12 WAYS TO LET GO OF THE PAST.
When people do you great evil and cause you deep hurt; forgive and let go. I know you want nothing more than to hate them, but forgive and let it go. Hurt and pain can damage the heart and prevent you from living a healthy life. Do not hold on to past hurt, let go, and move on. Ask the father to help you to forgive all those who hurt and turn their backs on you. Forgiveness is never easy, but with God’s grace, you can overcome and let go of the past.
The Holy Spirit will help you get through this. He is bringing a fresh wind of change to your life. Because he is getting ready to shift and transform everything that is out of line in your life. Every disappointment and pain is dissolving in the blood of Jesus. Your life is coming together, all chaos and confusion are drowning in the perfect love of God.
Do not look at the hurt from the past, look at the desire to get past all that kept you bound. Look beyond the emptiness, he is taking you out of the tragedy and the shortcomings of the past. Look not at the mistakes you made, they may seem daunting, but let them not have dominion over you. Brush them aside and look to the Lord for strength.
You don’t need to try and fix it in your own strength. You can’t solve it yourself. Look to God, he is able to change everything in the twinkling of an eye. He is mighty there is nothing hard for him. He can do quick work in every situation in your life. What you cannot do in your own strength Jesus can make happen for you. Let him take care of you.
Let go and let God
God wants to comfort your heart today. Trust him, and let go of the past. Dry your tears. It’s time for you to smile and laugh with a healthy, happy heart. Know your identity in him. Trust in his divine ability to straighten out your destiny. He is the way the truth and the life. Let him lead you into His paths of righteousness. Do not look back or turn aside from his will. Hold your head high and walk according to his words. He is leading you to a bright and glorious future. Listen he is speaking to your heart.
Do not worry, rest, rest in the love of the father. He has sent his angels to attend to your every need. Enter into your rest. The glory of God is surrounding you today. His presence is all you need. The Holy Spirit is in you and will work out the perfect will of God for you. Because you are important to him, more important than anything else that he made.
God is bringing his goodness and glory to your life. Just let go of the old and walk in his newness of life. His favor and blessing are surrounding you like a shield. Here are 12 ways to let go of the past:
1. Ask the Lord for forgiveness and forgive those that have hurt you.- Remember his words in the Lord’s prayer. “Forgive me of my sins as I forgive those that trespass against me.” Do not hold on, let go and forgive. Let go of the past hurt and pain; find peace in your God.
2. Focus your mind on Christ – “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:” (Philippians 2:5). Fix your mind on Christ he will deliver you. Do not give the enemy the chance to come in and plant seeds of hatred, pain, and hurt in your mind. Do not be distracted by the tactics of the devil.
3. Do not hide your feeling- Be true to yourself – Do not act as if you have forgiven when you haven’t. Accept the emotions that you are feeling. But realize that they are wrong and that is not how you should feel or want to feel. Pray to God to heal those wounds and emotions.
4. Meditate on the words of God – Find scriptures in the bible that encourage you to forgive and move on. Read them, listen to them. Watch motivational and inspirational movies and teaching, that will help you to let go.
5. Ask for God’s help- Pray and Fast – Pray and fast about your feelings. Ask the Lord God Almighty to help you let go of the hurt of the past.
6. Call on the help of family members – If the weight is too much for you to carry. Lean on your family members and the ones that you care about and who care about you.
7. Seek professional help– If you are struggling and feel like you cannot go on. You can seek professional help from a counselor or pastor.
8. See the good in the situation – There is always some good out of every bad thing that happens in your life. So try to focus on the positive instead of the negative. See the lesson that can be learned and run with it.
9. Don’t allow the past to hold on to you – Let go, whatever happened is in the past. Try your best to move past the past. Don’t allow the events to make you lose yourself, your pride, or your dignity.
10. Let go of self – blame – Do not blame yourself for not seeing it coming. Stop being angry and mad at yourself. Don’t say words like”I was such a fool” or “How could I have been so dumb”. Let it go.
11. Refocus your attention – Look to God who is the author and finisher of your faith- Take your mind off the hurt and look to God for the healing. He will keep you in perfect peace if your mind stays on him. “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee,”(Isaiah 26:3).
12. Live in the now – Let your mind not wander off to the past. Make a constant effort to focus on where you are now. It is never easy, but with the grace of God, you will make it. Trust him today
Prayer to let go of the past
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you that you are a God near and not a God who is far off. You are ever-present. Father help me to let go of the hurt and the pain of the past. Because Lord my heart feels so wounded and sore. Father create in me a clean healthy heart. Lord please, take this sorrow and bitterness from me. Father give me divine peace. Give me the grace to forgive those who have wronged me, and help me to let go. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.